Retail Operations Management
When it comes to operations, one of the questions that we hear the most is, “What are other stores doing?” Chances are you’ve probably asked your self the very same thing on more than one occasion. Having a comprehensive, up-to-date policy and procedure manual might be one of the largest operational and management tasks initially overlooked by many of our clients. Having written the policy and procedure manuals for hundreds of retailers of all sizes and across every industry, The Friedman Group knows exactly what other stores are doing and what yours should be.
If your policies and procedures aren’t written, they aren’t real, and employees cannot truly be held accountable for them. When you actually put this information in writing, the number of inconsistencies, assumptions and just plain guesses on how you would like to have things done, virtually disappear.
We feature a series of retail management training programs that let your employees know what they should be doing to help the business leave competitors in the dust.
A customized Policy and Procedure Manual and Orientation Program for new employees will:
- Standardize your rules to maintain consistency and order
- Develop a system for documenting and easily updating your policies and procedures
- End random decisions and spur-of-the-moment policies
- Eliminate the “no one ever told me that” excuse
- Guarantee that all new hires are properly trained and held accountable
- Protect your organization from costly labor disputes
- Check for comprehension and ability to perform operational tasks, whether entry-level sales or store manager